- 1 cup couscous
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ small red onion, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ¾ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ small jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350°. Cook couscous as directed on package; let cool and set aside.
- Toast pine nuts on a baking sheet in oven until slightly browned, about 6 minutes.
- Combine tomatoes and cucumber in medium bowl. Add garlic and onion.
- Add cooled couscous, chickpeas, oil, lemon juice, parsley and jalapeño; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper and stir again. Marinate at room temperature about 20 minutes before serving.
Do it with these chicken kabobs.