- 1 package Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 oz. rum
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix together first six ingredients for 2 minutes with electric mixer. Sprinkle pecans on the bottom of a greased bundt pan. Pour in batter and bake approximately one hour.
Prepare glaze by boiling butter, sugar, and water for one minute. Remove from heat and add 1 oz. rum.
Remove cake from oven and pierce top thoroughly with cake tester or toothpick. Immediately pour glaze over top of cake. Cool before serving.
- 16 oz. semisweet chocolate (chips or block chopped fine)
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. table salt
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Line bottom and sides of an 8 x 8 baking pan with heavy duty foil, allowing excess to overhang pan sides. Spray foil with non-stick cooking spray
- Toss chocolate, baking soda, and salt in medium heatproof bowl until baking soda is evenly distributed. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Set bowl over 4-quart saucepan containing 2 cups simmering water. Stir with rubber spatula until chocolate is almost fully melted and few small pieces remain, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove bowl from heat and continue to stir until chocolate is fully melted and mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir in walnuts. Transfer fudge to prepared pan and spread in even layer with spatula. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Remove fudge from pan using foil and cut into squares.
Substitute 18 oz peanut butter chips for chocolate