- 16 oz. semisweet chocolate (chips or block chopped fine)
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. table salt
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Line bottom and sides of an 8 x 8 baking pan with heavy duty foil, allowing excess to overhang pan sides. Spray foil with non-stick cooking spray
- Toss chocolate, baking soda, and salt in medium heatproof bowl until baking soda is evenly distributed. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Set bowl over 4-quart saucepan containing 2 cups simmering water. Stir with rubber spatula until chocolate is almost fully melted and few small pieces remain, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove bowl from heat and continue to stir until chocolate is fully melted and mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir in walnuts. Transfer fudge to prepared pan and spread in even layer with spatula. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Remove fudge from pan using foil and cut into squares.
Substitute 18 oz peanut butter chips for chocolate