Skip to content
- 6 bacon slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 12 ozs crimini (baby bella) mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 10 oz bag spinach
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into paper-thin slices
- 2/3 cups olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsps sugar
- 4 ozs chilled soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Add bell pepper to drippings in skillet; sauté 2 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer bell pepper to large bowl. Add mushrooms to same skillet and sauté until tender and beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Add mushrooms to bowl with bell pepper and reserve skillet Add spinach and onion to same bowl.
- Add oil, vinegar, and sugar to reserved skillet; bring to a boil, whisking until sugar dissolves. Season dressing with salt and pepper. Toss salad with enough warm dressing from skillet to coat. Divide salad among 4 plates. Sprinkle with goat cheese.