Meyer lemon dressing
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. White balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. Meyer lemon juice
- Grated zest of 1 Meyer lemon
- 3/4 cup rice bran oil or canola oil
- 1/2 fennel bulb
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- 1/4 cup Fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 Tbsp. Minced shallots
- 2 Tbsp. Minced chives
- 2 Tbsp. Minced flat parsley
- 1/2 c. Meyer lemon dressing
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 2 oz. Pecorino, thinly shaved, about 1/2 cup
- 12 to 16 pieces candied Meyer lemon zest
- Pour orange juice into small saucepan and reduce over med-high heat until syrupy, 5 to 7 mins. You should be left with about 1 Tbsp.
- Combine all ingredients except oil in blender. With blender running, slowly add oil in slow steady stream until emulsified. Makes 1 cup.
- Using mandolin, carefully slice the fennel into paper thin shavings.
- Tear butter lettuce into pieces, place in large bowl. Add all herbs & seasonings, toss with dressing to coat.
- Top with shaved Pecorino and candied zest.