Skip to content
- 2 Tbsp. (¼ stick) butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb. cauliflower florets (about 5 cups)
- 2 14 ½-ounce cans low-salt chicken broth
- 1 tsp. white truffle oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. thinly sliced chives
- Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 8 minutes. Add cauliflower and sauté 2 minutes. Add broth. Cover and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Working in batches, transfer soup to blender and purée until smooth. Return soup to pot. (Soup can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate.) Bring soup to simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Drizzle truffle oil over. Garnish with chives.