- 1 lb broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Za’atar seasoning
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup fregola sarda pasta
- 2 Tbsps tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 oz. pecorino romano cheese
- 3 Tbsps roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch mint
- Preheat oven to 450°. Spread onions and broccoli on sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and za’atar seasoning. Toss to coat and spread in an even layer. Roast 20-22 minutes or until browned and tender when pierced with a fork.
- Heat a small pot of water to boiling on high for boiling the eggs. Heat another medium pot of salted water to boiling on high for the pasta. Add pasta to medium pot and cook 14-16 minutes, or until tender. Turn off heat, drain thoroughly, and return to pot.
- Add eggs to small pot of boiling water and cook 9-10 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water for a minute. When cool enough to handle, carefully peel the cooked eggs. Thinly slice into rounds and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine lemon juice, tahini, 2 Tbsps water, 2 Tbsps olive oil and minced garlic in a bowl for the dressing. Whisk until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- To the pot of cooked pasta, add the roasted vegetables, chopped almonds, crumbled cheese, dressing, and a drizzle of olive oil. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with egg and another drizzle of olive oil. Garnish with mint.
- 2/3 cup cooked, chopped, skinless chicken
- 2 Tbsp celery, diced
- ½ cup grapes, halved
- 1 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 ½ Tbsp nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp curry powder
Combine everything and serve between bread with mixed greens.
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ small red onion, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ¾ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ small jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350°. Cook couscous as directed on package; let cool and set aside.
- Toast pine nuts on a baking sheet in oven until slightly browned, about 6 minutes.
- Combine tomatoes and cucumber in medium bowl. Add garlic and onion.
- Add cooled couscous, chickpeas, oil, lemon juice, parsley and jalapeño; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper and stir again. Marinate at room temperature about 20 minutes before serving.
Do it with these chicken kabobs.
- 2 bunches Cilantro
- 3-4 Seranno peppers
- 2 Tbsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 Tbsp green Peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp lime pickle, finely chopped (or sweet lemon pickle?)
- ½ cup green papaya (under-ripe), chopped
- ½ cup mustard oil (or vegetable oil)
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 inch piece ginger
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsps yogurt
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- salt, to taste
- Place all ingredients for green masala in food processor and blend until mixture is grainy in texture.
- Marinate chicken pieces in masala paste and refrigerate a few hours or overnight.
- Skewer the chicken onto wood or metal skewers and grill on a hot grill about 4-5 minutes on each side.
Do it with couscous tabouleh.